We do our best to make the leasing process as simple and convenient for everyone involved. You can help this process by following these simple steps:
1. Make an appointment to see the apartment/house. We give our current residents advance before showing an apartment. Because of this courtesy, we cannot accommodate walk-in showings.
2. Once you find a location that meets your needs, complete our online application. All tenants must complete this form before proceeding with a lease. We do not charge an application fee. We will review your application and conduct a brief criminal background check, and in some cases a rental reference check.
3. Review our lease for your location: 320 South Dunn Street, 444 East Third Street or all other locations. The lease establishes the rights and responsibilities for the parties involved. If you are signing a lease with roommates, you should know that we have joint and several liability leases. Each tenant is jointly AND separately responsible for the entire rent amount and for any damages.
4. In most cases, we will require a parent’s/guardian’s signature on the lease. It is a good idea to discuss this with your parent/guardian in advance of the lease signing. If they have any questions, they may contact us at 812.339.8300.
5. Once your application is approved (usually within 24 to 48 hours), we will contact you for a lease signing appointment. This appointment will take no more than 30 minutes, and all tenants must be present for the lease signing.
6. At your lease signing, you will post a damage deposit, which is equal to your monthly rent amount. Deposits may be paid with cash, check, or Chase Quick Pay. We also accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express; however, there is a service charge (up to 5%) on credit card payments. Your damage deposit is not rent. Your deposit is insurance that at the end of the lease, you will return the property to us clean and undamaged. If you return the property to us in good condition, then you will received your deposit back. If there are damages to the apartment, if rent is not paid in full, or if the property is not clean, then you will have deductions taken from your deposit.
7. All residents are required to sign the Tenants’ and Owners’ Rights and Responsibilities, which is required by the City of Bloomington.
8. We will obtain parents’/guardians’ signatures by mailing the lease to them with a postage-paid, return envelope.
9. Once all signatures are obtained, fully executed copies of the lease will be mailed to all parties.