If you wish to sublease your apartment, you are welcome to do so; however, there are Conditions for Subleasing that must be followed prior to making arrangements with a prospective sublessor. If you have roommates, we will need roommate written approval of the sublessor before we will move forward with the lease documentation. The sublessor will need to complete an application, sign the lease, and post a damage deposit. We will hold your damage deposit until the lease is complete.
We also recommend that you and your sublessor create a separate Sublease Agreement. This helps to define the responsibilities for each party during the sublease. A copy of this agreement should be kept on file with Burnham Rentals.
Your sublessor will note the condition of the residence when he/she moves in. This allows them to denote any damages or concerns.
For more detailed information, please take a look at our Conditions of Subleasing document.
- 1 bedroom /1 bathroom apartment (unfurnished) on the third floor available for immediate occupancy. Full kitchen (all appliances, except microwave), large living room, and washer and dryer. Rent is $1,025 and includes internet. Resident pays for electric and water. Damage deposit is $1,025, and first month’s rent due at move in. Reserved garage parking available for $700 for 12 months. Contact the Burnham Rentals office if interested. [AD #320-204]
- Seeking two roommates to take over lease in a 3 bedroom / 3 bathroom apartment. The other roommate is male. One bedroom is unfurnished and the other bedroom can be furnished with a full-sized bed, motorized desk with adjustable height, 5-drawer dresser, and TV. The rest of the apartment has furnishings. Rent is $810/month (per room) payable on the 20th of the month and includes Internet. If garage parking is available, it is $60/month. Residents split electric and water bills. Full-sized washer and dryer in unit. Apartment has a small front porch with street access to the apartment. If interested, contact Nick at email@example.com or at 630.777.1354 (unfurnished room) or Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954.892.9825 (furnished room). [AD #320-100]
- AVAILABLE THROUGH JUNE: Seeking one roommate to take over lease in a 3 bedroom / 3 bathroom apartment on the third floor. The other two roommates are male. The bedroom is furnished with bed, dresser, night stand, and desk. The rest of the apartment has furnishings. Rent is $775/month payable on the 20th and includes Internet. Residents split electric and water bills. There is a full-sized washer and dryer in unit. A reserved parking space in the garage is also included. If interested, contact Logan at email@example.com or 260.443.6097 [AD #320-305]
- AVAILABLE MAY 12 – AUGUST 9: (negotiable): Seeking a female roommate to sublease this apartment. This is a beautiful unfurnished 2 bedroom apartment with 2 full bathrooms and a washer and dryer for $650/month (NEGOTIABLE) includes Internet and water. This price is for one bedroom and one bathroom. Also, the apartment has a full functioning kitchen and is located just a block from Kirkwood and located 1/2 block from the School of Optometry, and close to the Maurer School of Law and 3rd Street campus buildings. Dates and the monthly rent are negotiable. Please contact Annika (firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.755.1641). [AD #320-209]
- AVAILABLE MAY 11 – AUGUST 9: Seeking two roommates (females preferred) in 4 bedroom / 2 bathroom duplex that is super close to campus and Kirkwood. The bedrooms are unfurnished, but the rest of the duplex is furnished. Rent is $635/month (per person) payable on the 20th of the month. All utilities (gas, electric, water and internet) are split four ways among the roommates. There is a full-sized washer and dryer in unit, and there is ample parking for residents. If interested, contact Noelle email@example.com or at 317.459.5584 or Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 708.890.6661. The duplex is also currently available to lease for August 2020 at a monthly rate of $2,740/month. [AD #336-02]
- AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: Quality, conveniently located 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment – a 5-minute walk to the Sample Gates, 10-minute walk to the downtown square and Bryan Park. Rent is $1,300/month. Two covered parking spaces included in rent, and clean shared laundry facility. Tenants pay utilities, including internet, water, and electric. [AD #352-03]
- AVAILABLE MAY – AUGUST 9: Seeking female roommate for a summer sublease in a 2 bedroom /1 bathroom apartment. This unit is on the second floor of a quiet, well-maintained apartment complex. The bedroom is unfurnished, but the rest of the apartment has furnishings. Rent is $600/month payable on the 20th of the month. Residents split utilities (electric, water, internet). Garage parking is included, and there are coin-operated laundry facilities on site. The apartment is very close to campus. If interested, contact Rachel at email@example.com or 707.695.4005. [AD #352-10]
- AVAILABLE MAY – AUGUST 9: FEMALE ROOMMATE ONLY Hello! My name is Sana, and I am subleasing my room in a 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom apartment at 344 S Dunn St. The apartment is fully furnished, with the bedroom including a queen-sized bed, a study desk, a nightstand, and a bookshelf. My roommate and I are both optometry (graduate) students at IUSO. The apartment complex includes an exclusive coin laundry at the floor of the building, with 2 (back-to-back/stacked) covered parking spots for each apartment. The location is adjacent to downtown Bloomington, a 3-minute walk to Kirkwood. Rent is $510, not including utilities (water, electricity, internet). Maintenance is amazing, the apartment is very comfortable, and my roommate is friendly, nice, and responsible. Please feel free to contact me for more information, pictures, and any question you may have. firstname.lastname@example.org [AD #344-10]
- AVAILABLE MAY 11 – AUGUST 1, 2020: Summer sublease available for a third floor 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment. The apartment is unfurnished. Rent is $2,250/month (negotiable) payable on the 1st of the month. Internet is included. Residents split utilities (electric, water, internet). The apartment does not have an in-unit washer and dryer, but there are coin-operated laundry facilities in the building. One reserved garage parking space is included, and additional spaces can be purchased (if available through Burnham Rentals) for $100 each. The apartment is very close to campus, Kirkwood and downtown. If interested, contact Julie at email@example.com or 708.560.3523. The apartment is also available for an August 2020 to August 2021 lease for $2,400/month. [AD #444-310]
- 1 bedroom /1 bathroom apartment (unfurnished) on the lower level. Located 1/2 block from the School of Optometry; close to the Maurer School of Law and 3rd Street campus buildings. Rent is $725/month and includes water and hot water. Sublessee is responsible for electricity and internet. On-site coin-operated laundry and parking lot for residents. Damage deposit of $725 required, and first month’s rent due at move in. Apartment is also available to lease from August 2020 to August 2021. Contact the Burnham Rentals office for information (firstname.lastname@example.org or 812.339.8300). [AD #808-05]
- #17 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom $800 (includes water) Resident pays for electric, gas heat, internet/cable. Includes a dishwasher. Apartment is unfurnished. Damage deposit of $800 required, first month’s rent due at move in. Apartment is also available to lease from August 2020 to August 2021.