If you wish to sublease your apartment, you are welcome to do so; however, there are Conditions for Subleasing that must be followed prior to making arrangements with a prospective sublessor. If you have roommates, we will need roommate written approval of the sublessor before we will move forward with the lease documentation. The sublessor will need to complete an application, sign the lease, and post a damage deposit. We will hold your damage deposit until the lease is complete.
We also recommend that you and your sublessor create a separate Sublease Agreement. This helps to define the responsibilities for each party during the sublease. A copy of this agreement should be kept on file with Burnham Rentals.
Your sublessor will note the condition of the residence when he/she moves in. This allows them to denote any damages or concerns.
For more detailed information, please take a look at our Conditions of Subleasing document.
- AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: 1 bedroom/1 bathroom 610 sq. ft. apartment (no in-unit washer and dryer) – $750/month (includes heat, water and hot water). Electricity, water and internet are paid by resident. Street parking available through the City of Bloomington. Available through August 8, 2021. [AD #203-01]
- AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: Quality, conveniently located 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment – a 5-minute walk to the Sample Gates, 10-minute walk to the downtown square and Bryan Park. Rent is $1,300/month. Two covered parking spaces included in rent, and clean shared laundry facility. Tenants pay utilities, including internet, water, and electric. [AD #344-07]
- AVAILABLE MAY: 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment available for sublease beginning May 9, 2021. Located 1 block from Kirkwood and campus, this is the perfect apartment to live in for a summer internship, research, or job. The rooms and living room are very spacious, and the majority of the apartment has new vinyl flooring (carpeted bedrooms). Appliances included: in-unit washer/dryer; range stove, microwave, fridge/freezer. It will be partially furnished with a futon, dining table, chairs, desk and a chair. Available covered parking spot, and elevator access to the 3rd floor. Internet included. Single room sublease available upon request ($800 per person; price negotiable); Tenant will be responsible for electricity (Duke Energy) and water (usage-based) bills. Apartment is available to extend lease from August 8, 2021 – August 8, 2022. [AD-444-302]
- AVAILABLE MAY: Private bedroom and bathroom in 2-bed/2-bath apartment. Located 1 block from Kirkwood and campus, this is the perfect apartment to live in for a summer internship, research, job, or transition. Available beginning of June through the end of the lease August 8th. There will be one 25 y-o female roommate living there and studying for the bar during the summer, so being quiet and courteous is essential. The rooms and living room are very spacious, and the majority of the apartment has new vinyl flooring (carpeted bedrooms). Appliances included: in-unit washer/dryer; range stove, microwave, fridge/freezer. The apartment is furnished. Available covered parking spot, and elevator access to the 3rd floor. Rent is $825/month and internet and trash removal included. Apartment is available to extend lease from August 8, 2021 – August 8, 2022. If interested, contact Jamie at 586-457-8227 or email@example.com.
- AVAILABLE FOR SPRING 2022: Sublease available from January to August 2022 for a room in a first floor 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment. The common areas of the apartment is fully furnished (couch, TV, dining table, kitchen appliances). The bedroom is very large and has a walk-in closet and private bathroom. A bed and desk can be provided for an acceptable price. Rent is $805/month payable on the 9TH of the month. Internet is included. The apartment is very close to campus (2-minute walk to law school bus stop), Kirkwood and downtown. If interested, contact Simran at 609.414.2389 or firstname.lastname@example.org