If you wish to sublease your apartment, you are welcome to do so; however, there are Conditions for Subleasing that must be followed prior to making arrangements with a prospective sublessor. If you have roommates, we will need roommate written approval of the sublessor before we will move forward with the lease documentation. The sublessor will need to complete an application, sign the lease, and post a damage deposit. We will hold your damage deposit until the lease is complete.
We also recommend that you and your sublessor create a separate Sublease Agreement. This helps to define the responsibilities for each party during the sublease. A copy of this agreement should be kept on file with Burnham Rentals.
Your sublessor will note the condition of the residence when he/she moves in. This allows them to denote any damages or concerns.
For more detailed information, please take a look at our Conditions of Subleasing document.
- AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: 1 bedroom/1 bathroom 610 sq. ft. apartment (no in-unit washer and dryer) – $750/month (includes heat, water and hot water). Electricity, water and internet are paid by the resident. Street parking is available through the City of Bloomington for $45/year. Available through August 8, 2021 with the option to renew. [AD #203-01]
- AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: 1 bedroom/1 bathroom 480 sq. ft. apartment (no in-unit washer and dryer) – $755/month (includes heat, water and hot water). Electricity, water and internet are paid by the resident. Partially furnished. Street parking is available through the City of Bloomington for $45/year. Available through August 8, 2021 with the option to renew. [AD #203-02]
- AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: Quality, conveniently located 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment – a 5-minute walk to the Sample Gates, 10-minute walk to the downtown square and Bryan Park. Rent is $1,300/month. Two covered parking spaces included in rent, and clean shared laundry facility. Tenants pay utilities, including internet, water, and electric. [AD #344-07]
- AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL MAY 4, 2021: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment – a 5-minute walk to the Sample Gates, 10-minute walk to the downtown square and Bryan Park. Rent is $680/month, includes water and hot water. Onsite parking and coin-operated laundry room. Tenants pay Internet and electric. [AD #404B]
- AVAILABLE MAY: 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment available for sublease beginning May 9, 2021. Located 1 block from Kirkwood and campus, this is the perfect apartment to live in for a summer internship, research, or job. The rooms and living room are very spacious, and the majority of the apartment has new vinyl flooring (carpeted bedrooms). Appliances included: in-unit washer/dryer; range stove, microwave, fridge/freezer. It will be partially furnished with a futon, dining table, chairs, desk and a chair. Available covered parking spot, and elevator access to the 3rd floor. Internet included. Single room sublease available upon request ($800 per person; price negotiable); Tenant will be responsible for electricity (Duke Energy) and water (usage-based) bills. [AD-444-302]
- AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom apartment located near the stadium. $800/month includes water. Electricity, gas (heat) and internet are paid by residents. Parking included for residents and coin-operated laundry facilities in the building. Flexible leasing dates available. [AD CV-26]